The King George Education Foundation can not exist with out the generous donations from the community. Please consider making a donation to support our programs. KGEF is recognized as a nonprofit public charity by the IRS. Donors can deduct contributions made to our organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 170.
What to Give
How to Give
- You can send us a check at the address below (preferred) or
- You can use PayPal using the link below and
- You can also contribute using the Amazon Smile feature as outlined below (highly recommended), under which Amazon will give KGEF a small portion of every purchase you make on Amazon, at no extra cost to you.
- If you are an employee of the KingGeorge County School Division you can also make contributions via payroll deduction – please click here for a printable Payroll Deduction Authorization form and then follow the steps for completing and submitting the form.
Designated vs General Donations
You have the choice of providing a general donation (undesignated) or a designate donation. A designated donation is one that is specifically allocated to a specific purpose whereas a general donation can be used to support any of our programs as the need arises. If you wish to designated your donation for a specific purpose, please send us an email or letter that specifies: (a) the amount you are donating, (b) the purpose for which you want it to be allocated, as well as (c) your name & contact information. For STEM designated donations you can use the online STEM Donation Form (click here) or you can send this information by email to email@example.com or by letter the mailing address below.
NOTE: If you using PayPal and are designating your donation to purchase a specific piece of STEM Equipment, please add 2.2% plus $0.30 to your overall donation amount in PayPal, to compensate for their automatic fees. Otherwise, we will not have sufficient funds from your donation to make the purchase you have specified. (To avoid such problems, a check is recommended for designated donations.)
Example Areas of Designated Donations
Top Level Examples: At the very top level, you could specify if your donation should be applied to FoxSmart or to STEM Initiatives.
STEM Detailed Examples: Under STEM you have several choices for donation designation:
- STEM General Fund – This is used for everything under KGEF STEM initiatives and will be allocated based on needs & priorities.
- Space Camp Fund – This is used to fund Space Camp Scholarships
- Camp Invention Fund – This is used to fund Camp Invention Scholarships
- General STEM Equipment Fund – This is a general fund used to purchase STEM Equipment and will be allocated based on the KG School Division’s needs & priorities.
- Designated STEM Equipment Fund– This is used to purchase particular pieces of STEM Equipment that you specify below using the unique Item ID#’s from the STEM Equipment List and the quantity for each.
Payment Addresses & Links
Please make Checks Payable to:
King George Education Foundation or KGEF
Please mail Checks to:
King George Education Foundation
9100 St. Anthony’s Rd
PO Box 1239
King George, VA 22485
PayPal & Credit Cards
The button below can accept payment from both PayPal & Credit Cards, via the PayPal system.
Note: If you are designating your donation to purchase a specific piece(s) of STEM Equipment, please add 2.2% plus $0.30 to your overall donation amount, to compensate for PayPal’s automatic processing fees.