The application period for the 2018-2019 school year Innovation Grants offered by the King George Education Foundation opened this week.
The King George Education Foundation (KGEF) supports efforts to enhance the quality of education in our public schools through innovation and creativity. The Foundation seeks proposals that present promising ideas for achieving the district’s curricular goals, enhancing students’ personal development, and/or encouraging links with the community. Proposals not selected to receive the KGEF Innovation Grant will be posted to the Foundation’s website for an opportunity to be directly funded by a community member, business or organization.
Grant Application Guidelines:
- This is a competitive process and any King George County School Division (KGCSD) employee may apply.
- Parents, community members, and students may submit project proposals in collaboration with a KGCSD employee.
- Applicants may request funding up to $1,000 per proposal, though smaller proposals are encouraged.
- The KGEF must receive all grant applications by close of business (4:00 pm) Friday, September 28, 2018 at the Foundation’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org or mailbox at the school board office.
- The KGEF grant committee will announce the winning proposal(s) at the November 19, 2018 school board meeting.
- Grant recipient(s) will receive funds by November 21, 2018.